Life gets hectic for all of us at some point or other.
More recently I feel as if I am constantly on the go, there just aren’t enough hours in the day, days in a week and weeks in a year. Days just rolls into one big blur and the weekends come around in a blink.
Finding time for self-reflection despite how hectic life gets is hugely important. We all deserve a bit of ‘me’ time once in a while.
One of my favourite phrases is ‘Carpe Diem’, which translates to Seize The Day. A motto which I strive to live by despite the challenges we come across in life.
These are just a selection of the ways in which I like to relax:
- Taking a long bath – I love to use Lush bubble bars, my favourite is the comforter.
- Listening to music – currently can’t get enough of 7 Years – Lukas Graham and Love’s On the Way – Sebastian Kole
- Going for a walk – just nothing but my thoughts and fresh air
- Gentle stretching concentrating on my breathing
- Decluttering – sounds ever so OCD but I was brought up under the understanding that tidy environment = tidy mind
So however hectic life gets don’t forget to cherish the moments with your loved ones and be grateful for the memories and laughter that you share together.
Take time out to focus on yourself – mind, body and wellbeing – you deserve it.
Make every moment count.